Monday, May 7, 2012

This pretty much sums up what I think is happening to the United States...

A buddy of mine linked me to this NY Times article, and while I was laughing, I was sadly agreeing with nearly all of what the writer was saying...  http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/unexceptionalism-a-primer.html?_r=1

What's also frightening, is that I actually wrote something similar back in 1997 during one of my paranoid, loony moments about how to essentially take over a country economically, socially and politically...  All backed by the big corporations.  I know I'm not the first to see such a trend- read anything by William Gibson, C. J. Cherryh, Bruce Sterling, even Philip K. Dick- but it scares me that someone so far off the grapevine (myself) could still see what was coming: it meant that the interests involved aren't even bothering to hide it any more.

What bothers me even more?

That it seemed like no one else was either seeing it, didn't have the power to stop it, couldn't believe it could happen here, or just didn't freakin' care...

At least activism is at an all-time high, so maybe something will at last change.

Time to roll up some sleeves, people, and get your country back.

In other words, get yer butts out there and VOTE for someone who will do the work and who will represent YOU, not the Big Money pigs on Wall Street.

Long live the 99%!

No comments: